Major national and international airports are located as close as 45 minutes away. These airports are easily accessible via major highways of the Greater Washington, D.C. / Baltimore Metropolitan area. Stafford Regional Airport is ideal for local corporate air traffic.
- Stafford Regional Airport: I-95, exit 136 in Stafford. General aviation reliever airport in close proximity to the nation's capital, and outside of the Washington, D.C. enhanced Class B airspace and SFRA. Amenities include: 5,000 x 100 ft. instrument runway, parallel taxiways, terminal building, Jet-A and Av-Gas fuel storage facilities and tender trucks, paved aircraft parking aprons, tie-downs, Tee Hangars, and ground lease opportunities for corporate and business aircraft hangar development. Currently, there is no personal property aircraft tax in Stafford, Virginia.
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport: 45 minutes north via I-95.
- Dulles International Airport: 60 min. northwest via I-95 / I-495 (or US-17 to VA-28).
- Richmond International Airport: 60 minutes south via I-95 / I-295.
- Baltimore-Washington International Airport: 90 min. northeast via I-95 (or VA-3 to US-301)
- Shannon Airport: In Fredericksburg, 10 miles south of Stafford Regional Airport. (3,000ft runway)
- Hartwood Air Field: (Local recreational) Stafford.
Fredericksburg Regional Transit (FRED) provides safe, courteous and efficient public transportation throughout the Fredericksburg Region. Visit the FRED website
- The Port of Richmond: 60 minutes south via I-95.
- Closer than any other port to 77% of Virginia's industrial locations.
- Virginia Inland Port: 90 minutes northwest in Front Royal via US-17 to I-66.
- Weekly container liner service to Antwerp, Belgium and Liverpool, England, as well as container and general cargo service to and from the Mediterranean, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.
- CSX provides rail service direct, and by Norfolk Southern via switch.
- Port of Virginia: 2 hours southeast via I-95 to I-64.
- The world's largest natural deep-water harbor.
- Baltimore Inner Harbor: 2 hours northeast via I-95 (or VA-3 to US-301).
Stafford has 597 miles of state-maintained roadways, which includes 16 miles of interstate, 46 miles of primary roads, and 535 miles of secondary roads.
- I-95 bisects Stafford from north to south. (Interchanges at mile markers 148, 143, 140, 136 & 133)
- US-17 passes through the southwest portion of Stafford, overlapping briefly with I-95. Both I-66 and I-81 are easily accessed via US-17.
- US-1 provides additional north-south highway alternatives, paralleling I-95.
- VA-3 offers additional east-west connections to the Tidewater region and US-301
- Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT)
- Fredericksburg Residency Office (King George, Spotsylvania, Stafford)
86 Deacon Road
Fredericksburg, VA 22405
- View Mass Transit site
All major overnight delivery services are available in Stafford. The regional Federal Express collection center is located in Stafford; United Parcel Service has also built a major facility in the region. Daily pick-up service is available to businesses from DHL
, Federal Express
, and United Parcel Service
The East Coast's primary north-south rail line bisects Stafford. Freight services are provided by CSX Transportation
. Commuter rail and passenger rail services are available through the Virginia Railway Express (VRE) and Amtrak, respectively.
- Amtrak: Passenger rail service, with multiple departures daily, for business and coach class. Two local stations:
- Fredericksburg, VA (FBG) - 200 Lafayette Blvd., Fredericksburg, VA 22401
- Quantico, VA (QAN) - 500 Railroad Ave., Quantico, VA 22134
- Virginia Railway Express: Weekday commuter service to Washington, DC. Connects with Greater DC METRO system. Trains are available northbound in the mornings, and southbound in the evenings. This corridor is also designated for an additional high-speed rail line. Ticket vending machines are available on-site. Parking is FREE for all VRE passengers. Overnight parking is permitted, at your own risk.
Stafford is served by 32 short and long-haul trucking companies. Estes Express, Wilson Trucking, Southeastern Freight and Consolidated Freightways have terminals in