Stafford County Department of Social Services strives to provide quality assistance and comprehensive services to citizens in need that will strengthen the family structure while promoting self-reliance, responsibility for family and protection of children and adults from abuse, neglect and exploitation through community-based services. We belong to a network of 121 local social services agencies across the state of Virginia.
- We acknowledge our clients as a part of a family system and empower them by building on their strengths.
- We strive to communicate the goals of self-sufficiency through work and personal responsibility.
- We promote family cohesiveness and seek to increase the number of parents who play an active role in nurturing and caring for their children.
- We treat every client contact as an opportunity to convey the message of self-sufficiency.
- We welcome and appreciate community participation in service delivery and are sensitive to multi-cultural populations.
- We encourage our clients and our community to work together to help build strong families that make positive contributions to society.