- Residential New building permit application completed and signed by Contractor (with original signatures of sub-contractors and tradesmen) or Owner (with Notarized Affidavit of Owner)
- Two (2) Electronic copies (on disc in PDF format) of building plans, lot grading plan, and supporting documents. Please note that Soils Reports and Load Calculations (Manual J) must be submitted on Stafford County forms. Please see the Residential Checklist for Structural Plan Review handout for additional information.
- One (1) electronic copy (on disc in PDF format) of grading plan only (prepared by a licensed land surveyor or engineer) for grading review.
- Constructions permits for well and septic from the Health Department, or, have previously applied for water and/or sewer service from the Department of Utilities.
- Administrative and review fees are due at application submittal, please see the current fee schedule for exact amounts.
The Department of Public Works will contact the applicant when the permit is ready to be issued.
When returning to pick up the permit you will need:
- The assigned A/P number and the street address.
- A check in the amount of the remaining fees due, including Transportation Impact Fees when required.
- A Performance Agreement filled out, signed by an authorized party and notarized, along with certified funds to pay the Erosion Bond, please see the current fee schedule for exact amounts. Security Processing fees will be included with the building permit fees.
For a Certificate of Occupancy you will need:
- All building inspections passed.
- Operational permit from Health Department, or Water and Sewer tap fees paid to the Department of Utilities.
- It may take up to 48 hours to process your OP.
Associated Forms and Resources: