- Commercial Change building permit application completed and signed by Contractor or Owner (with Notarized Affidavit of Owner)
- Information Required for Occupancy attachment must be filled out and submitted along with the Commercial Change application.
- Electronic copy(on CD in PDF format) of floor plan of space to be occupied showing egress and accessibility.
- Administrative and review fees are due at application submittal, please see the current fee schedule for exact amounts.
- The Water Meter Sizing Form and Utilities Change Application must be submitted to The Department of Utilities for all commercial building permits.
After the application is submitted you may check the progress of your permit by calling (540) 658-4151 or on the web at http://hello.stafford.va.us. You must have your A/P number to access this information.
The Department of Public Works will contact the applicant when the permit is ready to be issued.
When returning to pick up the permit you will need:
- The assigned A/P number and the street address.
- A check in the amount of the remaining fees due.
For a Certificate of Occupancy you will need:
- All inspections passed.
- Please call the permit office at (540) 658-8950 after your final inspection so that we can process the Certificate of Occupancy. It may take 48 hours to prepare the OP.