A Special Event is any event that meets one or more of the following criteria:
- Any event that is a parade, carnival, festival, block party (not for private or residential use), running, walking or bicycling event.
- Any event to be held at a County facility with a projected attendance of 1,000 or more.
- Any event that will require the use of County resources for security, crowd control, traffic control, fire or EMS.
- Any event that requires the closure of any street or public right of way to vehicular or pedestrian traffic.
- Any event requiring interagency coordination that may change or restrict the normal levels of public service provided in Stafford County
Instructions for Completing the Special Events Application
Step 1: If you are planning to use a County Facility for your event, please submit a Facility Use Application to confirm venue availability before submitting the Special Event Application.
Step 2: Once venue availability is confirmed complete all applicable sections of this Special Events Application. Special Events Applications must be submitted to email@example.com at least 90 days prior to the event date to allow applicants to apply for and obtain all required permits.
Careful completion of this application will assist in reducing any delays in the approval process. It is important that you follow the instructions and provide clear and accurate information. It is the responsibility of the applicant to apply for all necessary permits and submit all documents as directed.
Please contact the Stafford County Office of Emergency Management at 540-658-7200 or the applicable permit office with any questions.
Applicants must complete the following required sections for ALL events:
- General Event Information
- Security Plan
- Site Plan
Step 3: Applicants should complete any additional sections as they pertain to their individual event.
Step 4: Submit completed application and any required supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 5: Upon submission, your application will be sent to all the departments involved in providing services or permits. Do NOT assume that all aspects of your event will be approved; you may be asked to make changes to your plan based on the availability of services and scheduling of other events.
Your event application will be denied if required permits are not obtained. You will be notified once your event has been approved.
Click on the image below for a downloadable copy of the Special Events Application.