- To apply for a residential deck or porch permit you will need:
- Residential Change Building Permit Application completed and signed by the Contractor (with original signatures of the sub-contractors) or Owner (with notarized Affidavit of Owner)
- Two copies of building plans and supporting documents as listed on the Deck Plan Submittal Checklist, or, if using the Stafford County Deck Detail two copies of a plan view showing beam and support post locations and sizes. Please note; plans that are on paper sized larger than 11 x 17, or are more than 7 pages, require one paper copy and one electronic copy (CD in PDF format).
- Three copies of a lot layout showing existing and proposed structures with the setbacks marked; if disturbing more than 2,500 square feet of land, an engineered site grading plan is required. Please note; lot layout plans that are on paper sized larger than 11 x 17 require one paper copy and one electronic copy (CD in PDF format). The modification of an actual recorded survey or plat is prohibited without written permission from the professional who signed and sealed the work; we are unable to accept sealed plats that have been modified without permission.
- Administrative and review fees are due at submittal, inspection fees are due at permit issuance, please see our current Fee Schedule for more information.
Associated Forms and Resources: