Garrisonville Road Widening
GARRISONVILLE ROAD - STATE ROUTE 610- is a Public-Private Transportation Act (PPTA) and a 2008 Transportation Bond Referendum project. This project will widen approximately one mile of Garrisonville Road between
Onville Road (SR-641) and Eustace Road (SR-751) from a four-lane, undivided roadway, to a six-lane divided roadway.
March 2017 - VDOT approved final construction plans. Dominion Virginia Power, Comcast, & Columbia Gas completed relocating utilities. Verizon relocations ongoing. Stormwater basin at Eustace Road is underway. Storm pipe installation under road with nighttime closures to begin soon.
- This section of Garrisonville Road has experienced a 63% increase in traffic between 2009 and 2014
- Traffic on Garrisonville Road is projected to increase an additional 45% in the next 20 years
- Widen and improve 0.658 miles of Garrisonville Road (SR-610) to a six-lane divided roadway
- Extends from the intersection with Shenandoah Lane (SR-1236) to just west of the intersection with Onville Road (SR-641)
- Total Project Cost: $13 million
THE PROJECT WILL
- Provide 11’ travel lanes with curb & gutter to reduce drainage runoff
- Build a 5-foot concrete sidewalk along both sides of the roadway for pedestrians
- Improve Eustace Road and Center Street intersections with dedicated turn lanes
WHAT TO EXPECT
Construction Start: Mid-August 2016 End: JUNE 2017
Contractor: Branch Highways, Inc.
Lane Closures Allowed:
- 8:00 PM to 5:00 AM 7 Days/Week
- Contractor will maintain at least one travel lane in each direction during construction
- Contractor will maintain access to all businesses and residences during construction businesses may be restricted to a single entrance at times
WHO TO CONTACT
For any questions or concerns during construction, please contact one of the following:
- Alex Owsiak, P.E. Project Manager: (540) 658-4593
- Rick Haines, Superintendent: (540) 537-1473