Jury Tips & Regulations
Requirements & Important Juror Information
If your panel is going forward with a trial, here are a few tips / regulations:
- Cell phones are permissible during the breaks, but jurors are required to turn the cell phones off during court.
- Jurors will be given time for lunch each day. There is a deli across the street and other fast food establishments within short driving distances or you may bring a lunch.
- Please keep in mind you will be passing through security, so leave all unnecessary items (i.e., pocket knives, mace, and other similar items) at home or in your vehicle.
- Proper attire is required. This does not mean a suit and tie, although if you wish to wear this it would be perfectly acceptable. For the guys, mostly dockers, khakis, and nice jeans (no holes please) are acceptable. For the ladies, a dress, pants suit, nice slacks and a shirt, or even nice jeans would be perfectly fine. We certainly want you to be comfortable, as it may be a long day for you. But please remember to be respectful to the court and do not wear shorts, t-shirts with slogans, flip flops, or have any bare shoulders or low-cut blouses.
- There is no facility for a lap top connection. However, feel free to bring a book or magazine to read while you are waiting.
For any other additional questions, please feel free to call Jury Clerk at (540) 658-8573 from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, Monday through Friday. If you cannot reach him, please call our front desk at (540) 658-8750 and we will be glad to assist you.